Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's Workout Wednesday!

And my back is injured! Now how am I supposed to workout if my back hurts so darn bad?

I'm training for a half marathon that I'm running in December. I've never run this far before. I also put on quite a few extra pounds over the past year. I needed something new and exciting to motivate me, so I decided to sign up and run a race. This has forced me to exercise because I have to train so I'll be ready. Otherwise, I will not finish or even come close!

Let me just say, exercise is not something I'm crazy about however, once I get started, I really do kind of like it. And I feel so much better when I'm done. My mood improves, my skin tone is better, and the health benefits are great! Not to mention I look better:)

If you aren't used to exercising, why not consider making a new commitment and start. Just start simple. And if you already do exercise, please share what keeps you motivated and what kind of exercise you do.

I usually either walk, run, or go to the gym. I always have my iPod with me. I love to listen to my favorite music when I workout. I often bring my dog if I'm walking. I try to make it fun.

God made us. He gave us our bodies and wow are they amazing. We are capable of doing so many things. However, if we neglect to care for them, they will not function as well as they were designed. And the better we care for them, the better they work and the longer we live with our good health.

So, as I write to encourage you to workout, I am having to take a few days off. My back hurts and cannot exercise or I would injure myself even more. That's not good!

One more thing...as I write about physical exercise, let me just remind you that the most important part of your body that you can care for is your heart. Real beauty does not come from how you look or what you do, it comes from what you keep hidden in your heart. So, as we focus to stay healthy on the outside, remember not to neglect the inside. Stay close to God and he will stay close to you. (James 4:8)

Blessings Beautiful Girls,

Melissa

***If you haven't voted in the poll (in the sidebar to the right), please vote. And get your friends to vote. I want to hear from you! Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.